Ecmascript and Lynx/Linux

I think what tim says is true. So the bottom line question is: Are there
people on this list who have the skills who either are currently working
or are going to start working on lynx? And if there are those on this list
who are working on lynx, I think many of us would like to hear a status
report on what's being done about the javascript issue. If nobody on this
list is working on lynx and nobody steps forward to take on the project,
what alternatives does that leave those of us who really want full acces
to the Internet? (1) Hope L.C.'s assessment of the situation proves to be
correct; (2) turn to development of accessibility of Xwindows (am I
correct in the impression that javascript is being used in X with
graphically-oriented browsers or am I mistaken about this?), or (3) save
one's money for an additional OS (windows) and the expensive screen
reader(s) that go with it (though I do realize that blind people in
windows are not totally free of javascript issues either). I love using my
text-based linux system, and I'm not being negative, but these are the
future alternatives as I see them. The js issue does not yet prevent one
from finding a way to do most things on the Internet, but it is becoming a
regular occurrence for me to go to some site that was accessible a week or
two ago and find that it is now "new and improved"--and inaccessible.
So, is anybody on this list working on those issues? I, for one, would
like to hear from your corner.

--
				Cheryl