new linux user. My first message.

Hello listers. Although I have been reading the list for some time now this
is my first message here.
I am starting to get to Linux and obviously I have questions.
I have some experience with Unix from my shell account and I know how to
navigate the system quite well, at least for the basics. However, I am not
sure how to start with a new installation.
Ok. With sighted assistance, I installed rredhat Linux 7.2 and it seems to
work fine. Which access method should I use? I think I will go with
emacsspeak but I am not sure if my hardware supports it. I don't know if my
sound card is being recognized. I have a new sound blaster audigy and I am
not sure if drivers are available. I also have an apollo2 external
synthesizer. If everything else fales, I may have to use another machine
such as a 486 to telnet to my main linux system.
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.
I know, I have many questions and I may not make sence right now but I am
anxious to start playing with Linux.
Kind regards.
Nektarios.