How Do You Use Linux?: shopping and javascript

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, L. C. Robinson wrote:

> Actually, adding complexity is poor security practice.

Agred!

> My guess is that, as time goes on, and exploits inevitably
> multiply, the surviving vendors will get more clueful, and keep
> java and the like out of their pages.  If not, you will no doubt
> see these features included in the textmode browsers, with time
> (maybe no matter what happens).

I do hope you are right; it would make sense, but I don't yet see the
trend reversing, and many auido sites seem also to be doing this; this
bothers me more than the shopping actually!
> There actually is something
you could do: when an 800 number
is > available, you could call them, or email them,...

I actually have been doing some of this, but appreciate the additional
ideas. I'm very willing to work on what I'm expressing concerns about, if
I know there's something I can do.
I'd like to think most of us would do what we can.

--
				Cheryl