talking handheld

Hi Everyone,

I am comfortable using linux on a server. I have installed the speakup
package.

After briefly looking at the blinux archive, it appears that some of you are
experimenting with handheld devices.

I am interested in getting a handheld which talks. Could you please provide
experiences. I realize that this will most likely involve installing
software. This should be no problem. I want to have some good ideas before I
invest money in a handheld.

Good or BAD experiences are welcome!!

thanks

Rick