INSTALLING EMACSPEAK WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF LINUX

Hi!
When you install Emacspeak, does it install in the same way under different
distros of Linux?
What I mean is are the instructions for installing Emacspeak the same under
other distros as Redhat?
I ask this just in case I have problems with Redhat.
I bought a box set of different Linux distros from Linux Emporium only
Redhat wasn't included, Thread Linux was although I don't know if this
distro is the same as Redhat and the only version of Redhat I have is 7.2
which someone coppied for me.  They didn't have the latest version until
recently.
This person who used to be my support worker or PA at Dewsbury college also
coppied Emacspeak and a few other utilities onto CD.  I am not exactly sure
what he coppied for me on this 3rd disk I gave him.  There seems to be the
utilities for emacspeak as well as emacspeak itself like Viavoice TTS and
Viavoice SDK Viavoice file, Lestif or something like that, Diasynth or
something like that, the tutorial for Emacspeak, something else which I
can't remember off hand and I may also have speakup on the CDROM as well.  I
don't think he wanted to waste space just coppying Emacspeak for me.
He may have coppied all the files from the directory for accessability
software at Redhat.  I am not quite sure fully what I have and I am not sure
whether I will be able to ask him as I don't have his address or email
address and as we were trying to get Redhat to install on my Compaq Laptop,
I didn't really have time to ask him as to all that was on this disc of
Emacspeak and the other utilities.
If I were to buy a new computer and use the CD Carlos created for me with
Emacspeak and the other utilities on, would someone at the store I get my
computer from be able to work some of this stuff out as to what I would need
to get going with Emacspeak?
Perhaps I should try and tell you what exactly is on this utility disk he
created with the speech software but the problem is, I use windows 98 and
for some reason, the file extesions are not always spoken out when I use My
Computer and I am not sure how to force it to speak all the extensions when
I move over the files and read the names.
Perhaps someone could help me with this question.