Installing lynx

Hi there.
First of all, we'd need to know the type of modem you're thinking of
using.
some modems will not work under GNU/Linux no matter how hard you try. this
is because they're crippled in some way and need the software to be able
to even function correctly.
These are called winmodems.
Having said that, there is always some sort of documentation that comes
with drivers for the GNU/Linux operating system..
failing that don't hesitate to ask. that's what we're here for.
as for setting up the connection, there are various ways to do that. under
red hat. actually, I know of at least one. and that's linuxconf.
as for your second question can you use your www server when win2k is the
host computer? Of course you can.
I'm doing it now.
all you need to do is, open up port 80 tcp and then watch the fireworks.
if you want to know how to accomplish this, I'll tell you.
go to start, settings, control pannel, Network and dial-up connections,
then highlight the internet connection,
right click on it, go to properties, then to the sharing tab then click
settings then you'll see an opti9on that says services, applications to
allow.
scroll through there and use the add buttons to add ports for any services
you may want other people to use..
I have ticked ftp, telnet, that's about it. I had to add some for
speakfreely and my www server and my irc server but be sure to point to
the address the machine is assigned to or else all your hard work will be
in veign.
hth
 -- Shaun

If little else, the brain is an educational toy.
                -- Tom Robbins
EMAIL: shauno@goanna.net.au
ICQ: 76958435