Fw: A Fun Thing

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 03:50:21AM +1000, Shaun Oliver wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Rafael Skodlar wrote:
>
> > This is spam as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing about Linux or
> > related to it. Windows scripting is a joke based on DOS crap. Therefore my
> > conclusion is this email is nothing more than SPAM from Windows Scripting
> > Solutions folks. Why should I care about windows crap! Get lost!
> >
> > This is not the first time I received spam that was somewhat related to
> > this mailing list. It's despicable to use mailing lists for spamming.
> > There are people (digital whores) who subscribe to mailing lists to
> > harvest addresses for spam. Their fingers should be chopped off for each
> > offence.
>
> ok. why should u care about windows crap?

I do not. Any spam related to it or not is NOT welcome on domains I
manage.

> um. hello! we're living in a world where marketing determines what
> software we use and like it or not, windows has the monopoly on it at the
> moment.
> Do you consider GNU/Linux a viable alternative? you're andswer should be
> yes.

My job exclusively depends on Linux and Unix, so no need for a public
lesson.

> I also consider GNU/Linux to be a viable alternative but, until either you
> or I have the billions of dollars that these fools that call themselves
> microsoft have we'll just have to rely on word of mouth and companies like
> ibm and the like that want to deal with linux as a viable solution..

That's complete nonsense. Dreaming about money and changing the world
when you have it is just a dream.

> yes this is spam but let's not blow it off like that. be polite about it.
> I don't like it any more than you do but I'm gonna read it all the same. I
> wanna see who's up to what.

I do NOT GIVE A DAMN about spam and IDIOTS that spread it. There is a law
in CA that UCE is illegal.

> And, while I'm on it, if GNU/Linux is going to want to even come near
> toppling microbrains, it'll have to be severely dumbed down for the masses
> who neither know or care who the fuck's doing what to they're computer or
> how it works.
> Either that or start educating everyone on how their computer works and

More nonsense. Majority doesn't care what's in the box as long as it does
what they can handle or want.

> what to do when it falls over.
> I for one would like to see microsoft get what they deserve. a kick in the
> ass and told to clean up they're act and ultimately go get stuffed and to
> kiss our collective asses for their underhanded exploitative scare
> mungering tactics.

So why do you defend the spammer? There was nothing on that site that one
could defend as Linux or blinux related. Besides, DOS scripting is a total
nonsense. If the email author mentioned GNU utils (bash for example)
ported to windows etc.  that would make some sense but he did not. The URL
was just a free plug for a website as far as I can see.

> so if someone sends you spam deal with it in a polite manner.
> write a procmail recipe to bounce it back to em 100 times. bwhahaha.

We dealt with them in a polite manner for too long. It's time somebody
chops their ass off. That's why we have so much crap in our daily lives,
it's this "let's just go along" instead of old tradition "I have a gun
[Linux], you have a gun, let's be polite mister", i.e. you spam [steal
computer resources], we throw you in jail for 3 years.

> --
> Shaun
>
> If little else, the brain is an educational toy.
>                 -- Tom Robbins
> EMAIL: shauno@goanna.net.au
> ICQ: 76958435

I won't waste my time on further discussions on this matter.

--
Rafael