Installing Samba on RedHat 7.1

John:

You need to launch the samba server, which is called smb.

service smb start

should do it.

The smbclient program doesn't need to be launched.

Do man smbclient to get a handle on it.
Once you are satisfied that you've got all the pieces in place, I can write more about actually using samba.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175