soundblaster, and viavoice.

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 cbowman@netdoor.com wrote:

> hi listers, I was wondering if eanybody here knows if there are soundblaster
> drivers for linux? on this computer i will be using the zipspeek version of
> linux, and sence it has to be run under full dos mode rather then in a
> dosbox  I can't access my soundcard at all  so, if i want to use emacspeak
> would i need drivers for dos, or for linux? my soundcard is the soundblaster
> valu.
> charles

ok you might want to consider usint the alsa sound modules.
I can't remember what other slackware packages you'll need for zipspeak
in order to get things to compile properly but I'd suggest linuxinc and
the kernel sources as well. but having said all that, why not use a full
distro of linux like red hat? bill acker has some speakup enabled isos on
the speakup ftp site.
just a thought.

--
Shaun

If little else, the brain is an educational toy.
                -- Tom Robbins
EMAIL: shauno@goanna.net.au
ICQ: 76958435