very big problems with rsynth!!!!!

Hi listers!
I have some problems with rsynth.
when i run the configure cript from the directory where rsynth is i get a
message that i must spesify a host.
so i spesify my host like this:
sh configure--host=I386
after configure has ended i type make.
that goes without errors.
then i type make install.
and this also works fine.
after make install i type make check.
but there is it stop.
it only stops after trying to start the say program.
when i type for example say--help to test is the program locks and i have to
break it with ctrl+c.
Can someone help me with the problem or recommend another speech synthesizer
for me with is easier to get working.
also, a if anyone can send me a sound file so i can hear how rsynth sounds i
would be very grateful.
i also want to know if i can use rsynth with emacspeak.
i also have a question for the mbrola speech synthesizer.
is it possible to develop a tts system for the swedish voice to mbrola if i
have a perl script which works as tts for the voice.
is there anyone here on the list who would like to help me with it?
thanks
Kristoffer