Bookshare.org and SSL

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, A. R. Vener wrote:

> SSL has been supported in lynx since version 2.8.4.

Actually, it was supported even before that, but you had to get a separate patch. What changed is the U.S. export restrictions on encryption which
allowed the lynx developers to support SSL directly in the lynx source.

Amazing to me how old news hangs around like today's truth. We're talking about a change made during the Clinton Administration, folks.