The growing accessibility gap:

Hi Jared.

The reason that all web sites are not accessable from linux is that
people are too lazy to learn html properly, and rely on front page, or
some other tool that produces html for you.  Java isn't the problem,
it's java script that is.

I agree that I may have been able to learn a lot of the languages I
know in windows, but as far as I'm concerned, windows is very
ineffecient for a blind person to use.  sure, you need to spend the
time to learn the command-line interface, but it's much faster to copy
files, and do just about anything else in linux than it is in
windows.  I'm sorry I came down on you so hard, but all I've heard on
about 4 or 5 blindness lists for the past 6 months is how wonderful
windows is, and how lousy linux is.  I can do just about anything I
want to do in Linux, accept go to chat rooms, and if people would put
up a few speakfreely reflectors, that wouldn't be a problem either.  I
can make my own cds, including producing the .wav files to burn them
with, of my own music.  I can listen to .mp3 files, as well as create
them either from cds or wav files I create myself.  I can do sirches
using emacspeak far easier than with msie5.5.  and I don't have to
worry about having to pay $75.00 to $150 to upgrade screen readers and
software, because it's all free.  With debian linux, you never have to
reinstall.  Once it's installed, you can upgrade your system at
anytime with debian.

I'm planning on getting a new video card soon.

Take care.

--
Rick Hayner
rhayner@complink.net