Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:28:12 -0700
From: Tech Support <techsupport@ameritech.net>
To: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@shellworld.net>
Subject: Re: Re: DO I have an account running there?    (KMM992427C0KM)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Ameritech.net!

Ameritech.net Internet service is currently configured to support only
Win95/98/2000, Windows NT, and Windows ME, and Mac OS 8x.

We currently have no plans to support any other operating systems, such as
Windows 3.1, Linux, or Unix.

You may want to contact whomever told you it would work with Linux because it
won't.
We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks again for contacting Ameritech.net SpeedPath.

-The Ameritech.net Technical Support Team
http://www.ameritech.net/redirect/help.html

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
First of all, I was told by tech support when I called in to sign up for
dsl that while dlinux wasn't actually supported it would work, and it was
their decision to sign me up as windows 2000; I was told I'd get the right
equipment that way.  Secondly, 123456 is certainly not the password I
requested; I wonder how I was supposed to figure out that the system had
arbitrarily changed my password?  It still doesn't work, and the debugging
message I get back is "the remote system is required to authenticate
itself but I couldn't find a secret password suitable to do this.  None of
the available passwords would let it use an ip address."
Also, if I send email to cahomiak@ameritech.net it comes back as
undeliverable.

Cheryl