FreeBSD Access (Was Re: ultrasonix )

"S. Massy" writes:
>Hey, you've forgotten linux! :) You could easily use a linux box with minicom
>to access the target machine...

	You are so right.  I should have said that you need some
kind of serial access device that behaves to the remote end of
the connection like a vt100 terminal.  I have never even seen a
Braille and Speak, but I understand that they can emulate a vt100
terminal.  If so, you might even use one of those which has some
neat possibilities for a portable solution if you need to
physically go to a rack, somewhere, and rescue a system that has
gotten in trouble and can't come up on the network any more.

	Your idea of Linux and minicom is perfectly good so long
as the Linux system has its own screen reader.

Martin