Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:57:20 -0500
From: John J. Boyer <director@chpi.org>
To: Dave Mielke <dave@mielke.cc>
Cc: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: Grade 2 for Brltty

Dave,
You will see on the Blinux list that I have already replied to many of your
questions. I feel that it is useful to have this discussed on the list.
The user should have the capability to make changes in the translator easily
by making the translation tables available in an editable form. I don't like
the UEBC at all, and there is considerable doubt whether it will be adapted.
In any case, the user should be able to use whatever table he wants, or to
devise one for his own language. If the translation routines are properly
written, it should not be necessary to hard code any of the translation.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.
http://www.chpi.org
825 East Johnson; Madison, WI 53703