looking for...

Dave,

The grade 2 translator for ScreenPower Braille (which employs a version of
Duxbury) translates the whole screen at once. What I think it does is
translates the information in the VersaBraille's buffer. I think what you
want to do is translate everything in the brltty buffer at once, so, when
the reader hits the advance buttons, the next display would be in grade
two until the feature was turned off. you could use a braille keypad
hot-key to toggle this, of course. With view2.exe and spb.exe in DOS, the
feature stays on until you toggle it off with a braille hot-key. So, for
example, I can work in WordPerfect 6.0, preparing my document and reading
all the menu and command features of the software all in grade two braille
until I decide to turn it off.

Grade two braille in brltty would be great for web-braille readers,
instant grade two right on the net, or for reading news on world net daily
or American Freedom News.

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@snet.net