Problems with Brltty

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on November 19, 2001, at 10:26]

>The keystroke for going to top left of the screen usually does not work, but
>it does sometimes. I wonder if the screen might be split and have two
>columns.

Linux doesn't present a split login screen, so that wouldn't be it.

>Something certainly seems to be interfering with brltty,

If you're able, try logging in as root, and then stopping and restarting brltty
manually. You can stop it with: killall -INT brltty

Also, if you're able, check /var/log/messages for any brltty logs which
indicate some sort of problem.

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.