Problems with Brltty

Hi everyone!
While John is new to linux, he is an experienced unix user so I don't know
that he'd find editing a file, if he knows what he needs to change,
frightening.
As for me, as a total newbie to linux when I started, it was frightening
the first time I had to edit something, but I had patient helpers like
people on this list who told me exactly what to do (and reminded me not to
do my linux editing in DOS) and I got over being frightened of it pretty
quickly. I've learned when in doubt to make a backup of the file I'm going
to edit, even if I think my editor is also going to do so, so that I can
allways get back to status quo if something goes wrong.
As for the need for kudzu once installation is over, that's something of
which I have no knowledge so I won't even try to comment.