From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of cbowman
Sent: 20 November 2001 14:58
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: linux questions.

hi,  ok thanks for the great info. as for a synth i have the accent-pc do
you know if that is supported? just another question if i may. if i
understud you right. I haven't ever used this rar ware can i get this, or
is  it on the cd? when i go to install this would i do this under dos, or
windows.  thanks alot.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Georgina wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes, it is relatively easy to install.  On the Slackware disk you'll have
> speakup.i and speakup.s kernel images.  The "i" = IDE and the "s" = SCSI.
> You'll either need to rawwrite the appropriate image to a floppy and the
> same for the color.gz image found on the CD.  Or you can start with
loadlin
> from a dos partition.  This method is more rigid as rawwriting images to
> floppies can be unreliable when using a screen reader.  I think that
you'll
> find enough information on the CD to get you started.  You'll need to pass
> some parameters to the kernel at boot up to tell the kernel which
> synthesizer you're using.  For example, if you were using a DecTalk
Express
> on COM 1 you'd pass something like this:
>
> ramdisk speakup_synth=dectlk speakup_ser=0
>
> I'm sure that you will find all the information you need on the standard
CD.