Problems with Brltty

Not that anyone asked ...

But I though I'd throw in my 2 cents regarding kudzu.

I have turned it off on my portable system. I find it's just a nuisance
when I need to boot because it comes up too often asking me to remove
something that it will then ask me to add next time I have the system
docked. I find it easier to simply run kudzu from the command line when I
truly have new hardware that requires configuration. It's not hard to
remember this.

Frankly, I don't do this on my office systems, because it's not a problem
there. I rarely boot them, and when I do, it's usually a matter of new
hardware, so I appreciate kudzu at those times.

But the other question in the current circumstance with John seems to be
that the braille display should be registered somehow with linux as a
recognized and supported device, so that it will not be probed and reset
by kudzu. Am I wrong about this?