the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

Craig:

We were told this by a Microsoft manager in the Reader team during a
conversation about Reader support on the Braille Note about a month ago.
Others here in the U.S. have confirmed this to us, but we have not yet
sought or obtained any published announcement to that effect. I'll see
about finding something on their website in press releases, probably.

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Craig Powell wrote:

> G'day Janina,
>
> I work as a technician for a blindness agency in Australia and I monitor the blinux list. I was interested about your comment about Microsoft no longer supporting MIPS processors for Win CE. I was wondering how you found this information as we have several people considering getting Braille Notes and other versions of that hardware. This could make a difference as to the advice we give our clients. I would very much like to get some more information on this if you could oblige.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Craig Powell
> Technical Support Officer
> Association f/t Blind W.A.
> (08) 93118222
> 0411643682
> craigp@abwa.asn.au

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp