sendmail problem

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Jude DaShiell wrote:

 > I managed to get out onto the internet with red hat and eznet and help
 > from Bill.  When I try to send replies to email though those get returned
 > and I find sendmail has intermixed the host name I chose for my system
 > into those email addresses.  Since the mixing happens in the domain name
 > part of the email address and that mixing turns my email address into
 > something unknown by the internet things are going to get returned.  Does
 > anybody know how to conceal a chosen host name from sendmail so sendmail
 > doesn't trash outgoing email addresses to the point this doesn't happen?
you have to check the sendmail config which domain it uses for outgoing
mail.
There should be an option setable in the config-file that specifies the
domian that needs to be used for all outgoing mail.
Sendmail is a very difficult and also vercitile program, I suggest you to
use smail qmail or exim ad MTA (mail-transfer-agent), those are smaller
clients with maybe less functionality, ut there far more easy to configure
and maintain and certainly get the job done.

Unless you are planning to process 200 mails an hour, snedmail is just too
powerfull for your usage.