sendmail problem

I managed to get out onto the internet with red hat and eznet and help
from Bill.  When I try to send replies to email though those get returned
and I find sendmail has intermixed the host name I chose for my system
into those email addresses.  Since the mixing happens in the domain name
part of the email address and that mixing turns my email address into
something unknown by the internet things are going to get returned.  Does
anybody know how to conceal a chosen host name from sendmail so sendmail
doesn't trash outgoing email addresses to the point this doesn't happen?

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>