SV: ZIPSLACK

Actually, zipslack is in some ways a better choice than brlspeak if you
are using zipslack-8.0, as brlspeak, at least when I used it for a while,
was based on zipspeak-7.0 and much older. I'm not sure why there is no
current version of zipspeak or brlspeak. However, I also used zipslack as
a backup on my DOS hard drive for a while, and it worked fine with brltty
installed. I'm not sure I understand why you didn't just do a full
compile; zipslack should support that. I actually didn't have to compile
it; it was on the same machine as my debian system, so I just mounted the
dos hard-drive with zipslack on it, as umsdos not as dos very important,
and typed install-brltty /mnt/linux. Then I went in and started it up
manually by typing "brltty" after logging in as root, and put the code in
the right place to start it up at boot, per the brltty manual. I am coming
in late on this discussion, but will be glad to help you further if we can
narrow down what your problem is.

--
				Cheryl