Hello!

I learned about file permissions off of one email I read from a newbie
list, before then if it said to do chmod 755 filename, didn't have a clue
what type of permission it was, but reading the man page for chmod told me
the utility did change them to allow the user to read, write, and execute,
and everyone else to only read and execute. In windows, the only permission
you have is the system, hidden, and read-only attributes which are useless,
windows won't honor them.