personal money management tools for linux without X?

Will any screen readers used in dos run in dosemu? I use speakup in linux
and find it doesn't do dos real well. If I end up with megadots or
something like that, it'd be cool to use something like that in linux to
braille away if I had a braille printer (can't afford it at the moment).