personal money management tools for linux without X?

Hi, listers,

I am looking for a money management program that works in linux without
X-windows. One that is, of course, blind friendly. Pull-down menus or
numbered key choices from a screen menu, okay. I need to do simple home
money management, track a check register, income and expense tracking,
keep track of credit card purchases, etc. I don't need fancy reports like
account summaries or general ledgers. Just simple transaction data entry
would be fine. Anybody remember MoneyCounts 8.0 for DOS from Parsons
Technology. Well, I am still using it even to print checks. I would like
to do all this in linux so I don't have to reboot back to DOS. Any
accounting programs available in linux that are blind friendly?

Oh, does anybody remember Charlie Crawford's talking checkbook program?
That used to be available from www.empowermentzone.com? I have this one
too, but it is DOS. But, it was freeware. Q. Has this program been ported
to linux? If anybody knows how to get in touch with Charlie Crawford,
please let him know that a linux port would be useful to many of his
fellow blind friends. Any ideas, listers?

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@snet.net