Re: edbrowse

Hi,

T. Joseph CARTER, le Wed 15 Feb 2006 18:31:08 -0800, a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:52:20AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > T. Joseph CARTER, le Wed 15 Feb 2006 02:19:05 -0800, a écrit :
> > > I was kinda interested in this project, but I don't really see the code as
> > > maintainable in its present form.  fetchmail.c at 1200ish lines is not too
> > > bad for a big project, but html.c at more than three times that without a
> > > single tab anywhere in the source code ... is kinda frustrating actually.
> >
> > Ouch, indeed !
> >
> > Karl, you should really puts indentation. Else you will probably get
> > very limited little help from people.
>
> Samuel, Karl pointed out in an offlist reply the obvious--that indentation
> doesn't matter or help a totally blind person much.

I know. I've been working with people that have a braille display for
some time now. And just like I did my best to produce code like
if(h[i] == (char)0xe2 && i < h_len-1 && h[i+1] == (char)0x80) { ++i; continue; }
(i.e. as much as possible on the same line for better blind
readibility), Karl should try his best to put tabs for non-blind people,
at least through indent.

> > You can use tabs for indentation (or just pass your source code through
> > indent) and ask your editor to set them to a single space (for vim for
> > instance, :set ts=1 and :set sw=1)
>
> vim's cmode is pretty handy for that, but I wonder if it wouldn't be an
> irritant anyway because you wouldn't know the imdemtation level it
> automatically gave you that way.

In speech mode, I can understand that indeed. Then there is the
automatic indent solution. It doesn't disturb people reading code
through speech, and it helps people reading code through braille or
vision. No reason not to do it.

Regards,
Samuel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]