Re: edbrowse

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:52:20AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> T. Joseph CARTER, le Wed 15 Feb 2006 02:19:05 -0800, a écrit :
> > I was kinda interested in this project, but I don't really see the code as
> > maintainable in its present form.  fetchmail.c at 1200ish lines is not too
> > bad for a big project, but html.c at more than three times that without a
> > single tab anywhere in the source code ... is kinda frustrating actually.
>
> Ouch, indeed !
>
> Karl, you should really puts indentation. Else you will probably get
> very limited little help from people.

Samuel, Karl pointed out in an offlist reply the obvious--that indentation
doesn't matter or help a totally blind person much.  (I'd argue it does if
they have a Braille display, but these things are expensive as we all
know far too well..)

> You can use tabs for indentation (or just pass your source code through
> indent) and ask your editor to set them to a single space (for vim for
> instance, :set ts=1 and :set sw=1)

vim's cmode is pretty handy for that, but I wonder if it wouldn't be an
irritant anyway because you wouldn't know the imdemtation level it
automatically gave you that way.  Vim sometimes does dumb things with its
automatic indent if you put code in macros and the like.

I always turn off auto indent when working with only speech because I can
ask for the virtual cursor position if I need to, but I often don't
because I know how many times I just pressed the tab key after pressing
enter.

--
"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]