edbrowse

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:32:27PM +0000, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> I am actively seeking developers for the edbrowse project.
>
> http://edbrowse.sourceforge.net
>
> Get a sourceforge account (not a bad idea in any case)
> and contact me for more information.

This is kinda cool, though I am not sure whether you should be given an
award or shot for putting an ed-like interface on web browsing.  In all
rights that means we should give you the award, then shoot you.  *smile*

I was kinda interested in this project, but I don't really see the code as
maintainable in its present form.  fetchmail.c at 1200ish lines is not too
bad for a big project, but html.c at more than three times that without a
single tab anywhere in the source code ... is kinda frustrating actually.

Most totally blind developers don't really care much about indentation,
but those of us who have some vision find unindented code very hard to
read.  It's like reading email without paragraph boundaries.  I can tell
you from experience that much at least is as annoying in Braille as it is
in print.  I know this because I wrote a tool to reformat text and cut
down on the level of whitespace found in print.  A bug in the software
caused it to basically eliminate all paragraph boundaries and wrap text
into blocks.  That particular bug got fixed real fast.  *grin*

--
"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]