Tracking the Pointer using Xlib

Hi everyone

I am modifying the source code of xzoom - which was written using the low
level Xlib functions - as part of a final year project.
The problem is that I can't get it to track the Pointer outside its own
window.  When the Pointer is inside the xzoom window it tracks it very
well.

I know that it is possible to track the mouse no matter where it moves
because xeyes does it, but I can't figure out how it does it, even after
looking at the source code.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could track the mouse no matter
where it moves on the screen I would love to hear them.

Moere details can on the project can be found at
http://snet.wit.ie/BlindPenguin

PS If you want the source for xeyes I will send it to you.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]