Graphics performance on wayland vs eglfs

Hello all,

I am working (more accurately playing around) on an Instrument Cluster application. I am currently based on master and it is basically the same IC application we had in past branches.
I am currently experimenting with GFX (effects, animations, fade in, fade out) and video playback.

One thing that I noticed is that if I don't use Wayland (i.e., no running compositor and passing QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs), I get much smoother graphics, so much that it is visible to the eyes: smoother opacity changing, smoother video playback, visual effects such as QML Glow becomes really efficient.

So, my question is: is there a way of getting eglfs equivalent performance when using Wayland?

BTW, in regards to IC images on the master branch, do we still get agl-cluster somehow? If not, will we get it again? I couldn't find it on master nor on the docs and proceedings.

Kind regards,
Paulo Sherring.
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9654) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_