Re: 'Merry' Magic Marlin Milestone 1 (v12.91.0) release

On 1/17/2022 8:20 PM, Scott Murray wrote:
The tbtnavi app renders the map display that
gets sent to the cluster by the weston remote display gstreamer stuff.
Getting the app itself to build and run without the app framework isn't
necessarily a big job, but the wrinkle is that it was reworked at one
point to use the navigation binding to receive the routing to use from the
main navigation app.  The previous implementation was D-Bus based (GENIVI
Navicore API), which we could potentially try to resurrect in some
updated form, though I am somewhat a bit loathe to do so.  It might be
simpler to rig up something with the navigation values from VSS, though,

What is VSS?

since we could leverage kuksa.val for that.  I am open to suggestions on
how to proceed, or pointers to something we could reuse.

The main use case for tbtnavi would be demo mode rather then real world GPS data. By demo mode, I mean long touch on navigation application to place a destination point and see the car driving. I don't know where this is implemented: in ondemandnavi application or in some service?

Sidenote, to demo GPS data I expect that initial position in navigation application is placed to physical location of the board.

I am not sure how navigation demo mode and GPS data should agree.