Re: 'Merry' Magic Marlin Milestone 1 (v12.91.0) release

Hi Vasyl,

Thanks for sharing this release. I have checked it out and collected
some comments. Will appreciate your help.

I have noticed AGL MM milestone 1 misses agl-cluster-demo-platform
image. We need it to demo our dual-linux use-case. Do you plan to
recover it?

The agl-cluster-demo-platform is replaced with the work of the IC-EG .
I'm sure the app itself can be ported with a bit of effort to not use the old appfw.
Then we could restore it. As usual, patches welcome.

We need cluster-dashboard and IVI dashboard read data from CAN to demo
virtio-can, but this feature is gone at the moment. Scott mentioned
Eclipse KUKSA, what about ETA? How about patching those apps to read
from CAN using sockets temporarely, is it hard? Is it suitable for AGL
at least temporary?

This is still in early stages and right now you'd just use plain socketcan.
The discussion is happening in the Appfw and Connectivity EG calls.
Your input and use-cases are highly welcome there.

At the moment I am working on using virtio-gpu for IVI-to-IC display. I
have noticed that there is tbtnavi application which can be used to demo
IVI-to-IC display. But how tbtnavi supposed to work without old
application framework?

tbtnavi is internally a gstreamer recorder pipeline. It should not be hard to convert it to not use the appfw.

HTH,
Jan-Simon

Kind regards,
Vasyl

www.automotivegradelinux.org
> <https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url="">>

lists.automotivelinux.org

www.linuxfoundation.org
> <https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url="">>
> Best regards,
> Jan-Simon
>
> Best regards,
> Jan-Simon
>
> ------
> Jan-Simon Möller
> AGL Release Manager
> The Linux Foundation
>
> Visit us at:

www.automotivegradelinux.org
> <https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url="">>

lists.automotivelinux.org
> <https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url="">>

www.linuxfoundation.org
> <https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url="">>
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#9625) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_