Re: Flounder demo

Hi Marc

I can plug in the touch screen interface and its happy.  Connecting a mouse stops the app from launching.  Enabling the bluetooth interface prevents app from launching.  Some of the behaviour is strange with peripherals but essentially Eel comes up.

So what has changed in the application framework between Eel and Flounder that could cause a dependency or startup error?

Also why would plugging in a mouse cause the app not to display?

OK. Then I wonder that homescreen and windowmanager doesn't exist in your flounder image.
Were there wgt files in /usr/AGL/apps/autoinstall/ ?
If so, please re-install them.

About the problem of plugging mouse in EEL, sorry I'm not sure.
I use flounder and R-Car M3 board, and then after I plugged mouse, I could launch applications with mouse.

Best Regards
 Kazumasa Mitsunari

Getting further with identifying but still need some input.

I went back to Eel and built in the same way, deployed and modified the westland config file for resolution and it starts up, displays and I can navigate through screens.

I can plug in the touch screen interface and its happy.  Connecting a mouse stops the app from launching.  Enabling the bluetooth interface prevents app from launching.  Some of the behaviour is strange with peripherals but essentially Eel comes up.

So what has changed in the application framework between Eel and Flounder that could cause a dependency or startup error?

Also why would plugging in a mouse cause the app not to display?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

Still something weird going on.

If I stop Weston I can access the frame buffer directly;

beaglebone:/# systemctl stop weston

Then blit to the frame buffer and it will display.  So usual sanity check;

# cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb0

Displays expected noise

I then start Weston again

beaglebone:/# systemctl start weston

Screen gets cleared so Weston is writing to the frame buffer.

Does anyone know if there are any test applications that I can run with Weston to check rendering?

Regards

Marc