Re: autofs 5.1.6 : segfault at startup

On Fri, 2020-12-11 at 09:23 -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:19 PM Ian Kent <raven@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I am struggling to get 5.1.7 out now.
> >
> > The patches will of course be posted to kernel.org when I do get
> > the new release out.
> >
> > But I expect pulling in a new version so soon would be considered
> > premature so what should I do to catch up the the Ubuntu person
> > working on this?
>
> We try to stay in sync with Debian, applying our changes on top of
> their packages.
> Currently Debian has:
>
> autofs     | 5.1.6-4        | unstable
>
> And Ubuntu has:
> autofs | 5.1.6-4ubuntu1   | hirsute
>
> If Debian grabs 5.1.7, then we can immediately rebase our changes,
> including any patches, on top of that.
> Going ahead of Debian is also possible, but less desirable.
>
> From what I understood, 5.1.7 will not have these patches you
> mentioned, right? I think the best way forward is a bug in launchpad
> asking to test the patches (that apply on top of 5.1.7) that allow
> using the -Bsymbolic flag again. I can file that once the patches are
> published, I'd just need a ping to let me know they are up.

I am going to include them in 5.1.7.

The the final rounds of testing are being done with the two patches
I mentioned.

The change is purely building my static library as a shared library,
nothing more, so it shouldn't impact existing code. In theory it
should be more economical from a RSS size and possibly WSS size too.
And being a change to the underlying autofs library it will be being
used during all the testing. I haven't seen any problems so far.

I'll announce the release and the 5.1.6 patches will be present on
kernel.org at that time, same as usual.

I'm not sure people will want to update straight away, there are
quite a few changes and a number of them aren't trivial, so people
may choose to select patches they need while waiting for the dust
to settle.

Ian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]