Re: autofs 5.1.6 : segfault at startup

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 10:19 PM Ian Kent <raven@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am struggling to get 5.1.7 out now.
>
> The patches will of course be posted to kernel.org when I do get
> the new release out.
>
> But I expect pulling in a new version so soon would be considered
> premature so what should I do to catch up the the Ubuntu person
> working on this?

We try to stay in sync with Debian, applying our changes on top of
their packages.
Currently Debian has:

autofs     | 5.1.6-4        | unstable

And Ubuntu has:
autofs | 5.1.6-4ubuntu1   | hirsute

If Debian grabs 5.1.7, then we can immediately rebase our changes,
including any patches, on top of that.
Going ahead of Debian is also possible, but less desirable.

>From what I understood, 5.1.7 will not have these patches you
mentioned, right? I think the best way forward is a bug in launchpad
asking to test the patches (that apply on top of 5.1.7) that allow
using the -Bsymbolic flag again. I can file that once the patches are
published, I'd just need a ping to let me know they are up.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]