Re: 3ware -- more than one card in a server?

Jason Marshall wrote:

Hi all, I looked through a bunch of the archives and never found my
answer.  What I'm wondering is if it's possible to use two 4-port
3ware 7410's to look (kind of) like a 7810.  My first impression is that
this won't work, particularly for raid5, without using the linux md stuff,
with the 3ware cards in jbod mode...

Am I wrong?

 No each card is independent.

Or is there some cool way to make hw raid5 work across two
controllers?

You can throw a software raid array on top to make the 2 raid 5 array into a single device. You will be losing an addition drive to partity.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.