Re: Does ATARAID resync an array if there's a power failure?

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, Murty Rompalli wrote:

> I dont think even Promise proprietary driver does automatic sync'ing if
> one of the disks goes bad and gets replaced by a new one.

The initial problem wasnt a bad disk..

Just if a power failure occurs and an actual write operation was done on
one disk only, so that the contents of the disks dont match.

I guess, no driver neither ataraid nor proprietary drivers take care of
that.

Viele Grüsse,
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Jungblut
Universität Koblenz, Fachbereich Informatik