decision time...promise pdc20276

Hello all...

I have a promise pdc20276 controller with 2 harddrives trying to install RedHat 8.0.

I have done quite a considerable amount of reading on issues that people are having trying to accomplish this and all of the issues I have also experienced first-hand.

So...does anyone REALLY know how to make this promise controller work correctly in RedHat 8.0?

Also does anyone know the performance differences between using Promise's (not hardware at all) Hardware RAID and RedHat's Software RAID?

I guess I just need to decide what route to take to make this thing work.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Nathan Stahlman