3ware escalade 7500 cards

after a bad experience with a promise card under rh8.0, my employer is very
hesitant about trying another ata-raid card out under linux.  i found out
about the 3ware cards and support looks very promising.  rh8.0 has built in
support, its listed as compatible on redhat site, and there is even a daemon
utility you can use to monitor the card.  i was just wondering if anyone
here has dealt with, heard of, likes, dislikes or just has any type of input
on this family of cards that they would like to explain.  i need to convince
my boss to try another card.  if he had his way, it would be windows boxes
all the way.  our requirements are ata-raid, level 5, no less than four
channels, cache size isn't a big issue, and redhat 8.0 compatible (after
hours of arguing, he won't budge on the release version).  im basically just
searching here folks.  any ideas, directions, suggestions, or constructive
critizism would be most appreciated.