Promise raid controller moves ide0 and ide1

Hi,

I have an Asus A7V266-E with an onboard Promise raid controller.
We are booting diskless with tftp. My problem is, that Linux
detects the promise controller before the normal IDE controller,
so that IDE0 and IDE1 are taken by the promise controller, and
the normal IDE controller gets IDE2 and IDE3.
This is very bad because the diskless clients share config files
and are expected to have their local harddisk at ide0.

Of course I could just plug the hard disk into the promise
controller or compile a kernel without support for the promise
controller.
But I'm curious if there is a way to force linux to give ide0 and ide1
to the normal IDE controller?
Disabling the "load ata raid bios" in the bios didn't help.

Does anyone know a way to put the normal IDE controller before
the raid controller?

cu,
Frank
--