about promise fasttrack 100 tx2

Hello all,
Today i installed RedHat 7.3 in a system with this card.
I used the driver from promise and i created a mirror  of 2 hdd(seagate
80GB) all went well.
But i read here and in ataraid howto that i can not compile new kernel and
use this driver.
And i need that because this system will be a server.
I read in ataraid HOWTO that i can switch to ataraid kernel support and i
would like
to ask few questions.
Now my partitions are these:
/dev/sda1	/boot
/dev/sda2	/
/dev/sda3	/home
/dev/sda5	/usr
/dev/sda6	swap
/dev/sda7	/var
and after the install of ataraid would be
/dev/ataraid/d0p1	/boot
/dev/ataraid/d0p2	/
/dev/ataraid/d0p3	/home
/dev/ataraid/d0p5	/usr
/dev/ataraid/d0p6	swap
/dev/ataraid/d0p7	/var

correct?
When i lost one of my 2 HDD because of a hardware problem  will i use the
bios of
the card for rebuild the RAID 1 or the raidtools?

And do i need to use the append line in lilo conf when i will use ataraid?

Thank in advance,
Pavlos

--
I love having the feeling of being in control

The surfer of life