How to setup mirror on GA7ZXR for RH 7.X

Hello all:

I am trying to install Redhat 7.3 on a Gigabyte GA-7ZXR 3.X using
the Promise Raid "lite".

Question 1: Is there a step by step guide for doing this somewhere?
I am trying to set up mirroring for fault tolerance.

I have already done:

used the promise utility to configure the array, with two WD40G drives.

Curiously, when I tried to install RH, I still saw both disks, is that
normal (I didn't expect that with hardware raid)?

I got a driver off the promise web site that is for RH 7.[0123]
"rhup-ftb14.tgz", and used this with the "linux dd" option for installing
RH, but no luck.

I suspect I have failed to modify the kernel, and I have no idea of
how to do that part :-((.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joseph Davis
UH

PS: I just bought another Gigabyte motherboard, the more recent version
of the previous one(GA 7VRXP), and I would like to install W98(for games)
and RH on it. It has the same sort of raid, would it be possible
to mirror a dual boot too???