Status of everything?

I was just about to upgrade to a 3ware Escalade card to get my disk I/O
sped up, but I found out 3ware has basically killed the Escalade line,
as of a few days ago. This leaves me with three options:

1. SCSI
2. IDE Raid stuff
3. Suffering on

I'd really like to go on with #2.

Basically, what IDE RAID controllers are currently supported/working?
I've heard that the Promise Supertrak is, although unsupported, fully
hardware and OS transparent. Failing that, I'd like to use a Fasttrak
TX4 or so, and failing that, a Fasttrak100. I currently have Debian
Unstable installed on an Ultra100, and I'd prefer to get the new disk
subsystem running and move over, if at all possible.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for the help!

P.S. Price isn't an issue, within reason. A good SCSI RAID setup was
going to run me ~2K$, so a 300$ Promise Supertrak and four 150$ drives
is a steal.

 /   \ Rich 'Forge' Mingin
 | | | Open Source Advocate
 \|||/ Quake 3 Junkie - Tribes 2 Junkie