Re: Status of everything?

Man, if spending isn't really a deal, go with the SCSI RAID.  Land yourself
160 megs per second striped over as many disks as you can afford, with raid
5 of course.  If you do this, you should consider upgrading your power
supply to at least 450 watts.  Don't forget to use the jumpers on some of
the drives to delay the motor startup, so you don't blow your new supply
upon your first powerup.  You could also use a separate case and run the
SCSI cable externally to the server (if you don't have a case with a trailer
hitch and tires).

I have limited funds, so ataraid is the closest to heaven that I'm allowed.
Whatever you do, don't go with option 3.  BTW, I use a Promise Fasttrak
ATA/100 RAID (20267) with 3 (max of 4) Quantum fireball 8.4 GB.  They aren't
ata/100 though (I wish they were).  In linux, according to bonnie++, I get
between 22 and 30 Megs/sec xfer rate.  You will probably get much much much
more with the solution I presented above.

-Mike Tharp