Re: how to correctly create dbus-broker service and allow bus system service to start correctly

Hello,

I would like to suggest 2 things.

Firstly, please offlist if you are correcting someone, I doubt Aaron
wants to be publicly shamed in front of the entire mailing list, and
its a simple syntax mistake which is causing a ton of noise, the thread
has went from helping someone to correcting someone which is unhelpful.

Secondly, in response to this:

> I was trying to dumb it down, since the original poster appeared to
> be a novice and may not know fancy terms such as “root”. sudo is one
> method, and the most commonly used one. Yes, the environment is
> different when using sudo, but that doesn’t matter for most commands.
> Functionally, they are mostly the same here, so I don’t know what
> your point was.

You shouldn't dumb it down, firstly you implied that Janusz isn't
experienced enough to have the full explanation, which is mean.
Secondly, Arch Linux is picked because it gives you full control over
your system, it has no specific purpose, but can be installed to fit
any role (server, CI, desktop etc), "dumbing it down" will only hinder
users.

Its better if you give them the entire picture, like the ArchWiki does,
and walk them through each step explaining what it does and why you
need to do it, spoon feeding is discouraged.

A simple question has grown into a large thread.

Note for Janusz, most of the time the ArchWiki will contain indepth
(unless its flagged for expansion or for inaccuracy) explanations on
how to setup things on Arch Linux. Often your answer will be found
there. Asking before reading the Wiki will likely get you sent a wiki
link, and not an explanation. If you don't understand a page feel free
to bring it up in the talk pages so that the page can be improved, or
ask in the mailing list for additional support (or on IRC).

Happy new year to you all.

Take care,
--
Polarian