Re: English language differences

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:29:39 +0000
Polarian <polarian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You sound offended, so I would like to highlight I was not referring
> to you in any way being a US citizen.

I'm not offended at all, and I'm aware you weren't targeting me.

All of what I've said is based on this: there is a scale of actions
which offend, and a scale of justification for being offended. I'm of
the mind that minor actions with (IMO) minimal consequences don't
warrant being offended. And if people are, we should ignore them until
they grow up. Correctly spelling words differently based on geography
is one of those things.

Some people are endlessly concerned with the "feelings" of others. I'm
quite empathetic, but at some point, you simply have to ignore the
feelings of others and get on with it.

Or you could look at it this way: it's often better to ask for
forgiveness than permission.

'Nuff said.

Paul

--