Network Bridge - Do not pass back to router

Hello,

So my current setup on my server is a network bridge (br0) with a physical interface as a slave to the bridge.

I deploy lxc containers using the bridge, it is not a NAT bridge, and thus DHCP is used to lease an address from the physical router in which the server is connected to.

My issue is, each LXC container can communicate with one another over the bridge, this means as I have an Arch mirror in a container, I can pull packages close to the SATA limit (just under 6gbps).

However when the host wants to pull from the Arch mirror, it passes back to the router and then back to the server then to the bridge to the LXC container.

I am not very experienced with virtual interfaces, but I would like the server to stop wasting router resources passing packets back to the router just to be passed back into itself.

Any advice would be useful.

Thanks,
--
Polarian