Re: English language differences

Hello,

 Apart from my obvious bias for UK-English (colour, trousers, rationalise) instead of (color, pants, rationalize) I think the official language of ArchWiki is US-English

We all have our biases which is the exact reason I brought up this issue, some people aren't as dismissive as you where they wouldn't care less what spellings are used, some people take this stuff seriously and the last thing I want to do within the ArchWiki is end up destroying it by arguing over spellings (All wiki pages I have wrote so far I have checked with American spell checkers to ensure my British spellings do not leak through).

However, as long as the information is in readable English, I think it is perfectly acceptable to submit it in either UK, or US English.
If anyone objects to seeing trousers instead of pants, they can always edit the article afterwards and pantsify it.

What if people object to that, and then you get the war of reverting the change over and over again before an administrator has to solve this issue.

That is my concern, that if I accidentally use UK spellings within Wiki pages, cause that is my nationality and it is what I am used to, I am not well versed in "American English" so I am bound to make mistakes, I want to be as non-biased as possible, I am trying to support the ArchWiki by documenting code which hasn't yet been documented there (and added their codebases to the AUR).

So I guess the overall question is, do I continue checking ever page I write to ensure I have not accidentally spelt something in UK english, or do I stop worrying so much about something which should not be important, but a lot of people make important (I have unfortunately had people within the Linux community when discuss fibre optics within networking groups reply to my messages saying *fiber, so it is a valid issue and one I do not know the solution to)

Thanks for the advice,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760